We are back after 19 months and it is magical! The numbers are small, however, we will grow again!
Tuesday mornings are back from 10.30-11.30am for fun and singing. Yay! Join us for a masked and distanced singalong session of up to 20 people at our nornal venue of Longwell Green Church, Bath Rd, BS30. There is also a Zoom link for those who cannot attend in person- please get in touch!
Covid Safety Guidelines
- No drinks/snacks will be provided at the moment. Please bring your own.
- Venue will have the doors open both sides to allow maximum ventilation.
- Chairs will be more spaced out with a maximum number of 20 in the session.
- Masks to be worn indoors in this session as I am not sure what people’s thoughts are yet. Currently I am running all my other singing sessions masked as we felt it was the right thing at this time. It can be harder singing in normal masks- however comfortable “singing masks” which come off your face can be purchased from https://www.funkymasks.uk/store/p/singers-masks
- We will break halfway through the session for five minutes to get some fresh air outside.
- Please be considerate of others needs to social distance and be kind to each other.
Return to live singing!
Date Posted: Mon, 17 May 2021
We don't really knows what lies ahead after the unpredicatable last year, but after 15 months of using Zoom we hope to resume some sort of live singing soon as guidelines now appear to allow us from Monday 17th May 2021.
Many of us have had one or two vaccinations and we don't feel ready to resume indoor sessions yet, but we open to having groups outside on a fine day. So our first trial will be an invited group of the regular half a dozen "Zoomers" on Tuesday 18th May 2021 using Covid best practice risk assessment. This will be opened up to more people in further weeks once we know who is interested.
Bring on Zest Choir- even if it does look a bit different to what we were for a while. I really hope we can rebuild and singers are able to return when the time is right.
COVID-19- Rehearsals postponed until further notice
Date Posted: Mon, 16 Mar 2020
Zest Choir rehearsals have been posponed for the foreseeable future until we know what is happening with Covid-19 Cornovirus.
The choir is mainly made up of retired people who are most at risk of serious symptoms and I’d never forgive myself if someone got unwell hence why we cancelled from last week.
However, don’t worry we will be back once the worst danger has passed!
In the meantime, Does anyone want online/one on one singing lessons?? My family income has just shrunk to zero which is horrible with three teenage daughters..
PS Keep singing at home. It helps boost your immune system and will make you feel better.